A meter known quite simply as the Portable People Meter, which measures radio listenership from your car, has recently been introduced to more cities to measure American listener’s tastes. After measuring more large market cities, it’s been revealed that the Arbitron surveys, wherein listeners were asked to record their radio habits into diaries, were greatly misleading, as people were willing to proclaim their tastes as more suitable to their lifestyle than they’d really like to admit. According to the research, of the markets that converted from the survey to the meter, men actually make up 40.1% of the soft rock audience, compared to survey results where only 34.7% of men would admit to digging the lighter side. Similarly, these new results spell bad news for stations that have become niche genres, such as jazz, classical, and latino music, as their ratings have dropped since the change.
- The Blues Magoos on Kraft Music Hall, “Tobacco Road” wp.me/pFEaB-ixECB Panels 4 years ago
- RT @sarahpaol: everyone i know, read this! RT: "@ECBGB: How The Jam Aligned Themselves with Classic Rock Royalty in One Song http://t.co/8l…ECB Panels 4 years ago
- RT @mike_blur: The last sentence is AWESOME. RT @ECBGB: The Mountain Goats May Have Put On the Best Alternative Show I've Ever Seen. http:/…ECB Panels 4 years ago
- Through the aughts years, the White Stripes seemed to be the lone consistent in a turbulent, inconsistent decade for rock.ECB Panels 4 years ago
- Sweet holy good god damn do I miss the White Stripes.ECB Panels 4 years ago