The Who, Debbie Harry, Jeff Beck, and recently added Robert Plant are taking the stage for a charity gig to fight cancer. “A Concert for Killing Cancer” will take place January 13, 2011 at the Hamersmith Apollo in London, with the goal of raising money for research for developing photodynamic therepy (PDT). In a statement from manager Bill Curbishley, who works with both the Who and Robert Plant, explains that both he and Robert Plant have had personal connections to cancer patients, who could have been saved if there were more awareness of PDT treatments.
- The Blues Magoos on Kraft Music Hall, “Tobacco Road” wp.me/pFEaB-ixECB Panels 3 years ago
- RT @sarahpaol: everyone i know, read this! RT: "@ECBGB: How The Jam Aligned Themselves with Classic Rock Royalty in One Song http://t.co/8l…ECB Panels 4 years ago
- RT @mike_blur: The last sentence is AWESOME. RT @ECBGB: The Mountain Goats May Have Put On the Best Alternative Show I've Ever Seen. http:/…ECB Panels 4 years ago
- Through the aughts years, the White Stripes seemed to be the lone consistent in a turbulent, inconsistent decade for rock.ECB Panels 4 years ago
- Sweet holy good god damn do I miss the White Stripes.ECB Panels 4 years ago